Texture: Dry powder
Clay Day is a really strong detoxifier for both hair and skin. It has a strong negative charge and is just the thing to get rid of product build-up from your hair. We recommend using this first if you are new to a natural shampoo bar. It will help you greatly during the transition period (it might even eliminate it completely!)
If you want more insight into how the whole process works, read our short blog here.
It is also a great way to detox hair from time to time.
- Mix the clay with equal parts filtered water (or consistency that you are comfortable with).
- It best to apply the mixture to slightly damp hair, comb it out before you apply the clay.
- Part hair and apply paste (avoiding the eye area) with brush or hands from root to tip.
- When done, cover your hair to prevent it from drying out.
- It works very quickly, allow 10 to 20 minutes.
- Wash out, shampoo and rinse.
Word of advice:
Do not use any metal utensils when mixing the clay.
Mineral clays have an electrical charge which attracts the toxins in your skin. If you use a metal spoon, bowl or other mixing equipment to prepare your clay, you will eliminate the electrical charge and your healing clay will become much less effective.
See our non-metal utensils or opt to buy a set.
This clay mask is derived from volcanic ash in Morocco and is very safe to use. Like any natural clay, it does contain metal in its structure.
Good to know:
- This is safe for pregnant women.