Skin type: Certified safe from newborn
Essential Oil Blend: None
Consistency: Light and cream - melts on contact with skin. (Do not expose to heat)
GMO-free & organic - Made from a combination of certified organic ingredients and wildcrafted butters that are free from synthetic fertilisers and chemical crop spray.
Cheeky Chops Baby & Kids Butter:
This butter is certified safe for children from as young as newborn. We formulated it as a daily emollient with a fatty acid profile that nurtures and also protects the skin barrier.
A child can take up to two years for their skin barrier to fully develop. This increases their susceptibility to dryness, as well as their ability to absorb toxins. Their young skins really benefit from a daily full-body emollient application. However, using products with high levels of oleic acid (such as olive or sunflower oil) may impede the development of the skin barrier function and can actually weaken it in young children.
This organic butter is, therefore, a safe option to protect your child's skin barrier. It's ingredients are:
- A fatty acid profile that supports the skin barrier.
- Cold extracted - No solvents used to express the oils or produce the butter.
- Limited allergy - We looked at all adverse reactions babies can have to an ingredient, and only selected the safest, least likely to cause an allergic reaction.
- No essential oils or macerations.
- No parabens, SLS, mineral oils, synthetic fragrances, colours, or GMO's.
- No soy pectin.
- No hidden nasty ingredients, literally 100% natural.
Why we chose the ingredients we did:
Wildcrafted Murumuru Butter - Not a nut
Forms a protective but breathable moisture barrier on the skin. What makes it so amazing is its high content of lauric acid (an astounding 47%), which is also found in breast milk. This acid is anti-viral, antibacterial, and anti-fungal; which can serve as an aid to damaged/weakened skin tissue in preventing infections, etc.
Wildcrafted Cupuacu Butter – Not a nut
An extraordinary emollient that has 200% more trans-epidermal penetration than lanolin. It provides rapid moisture relief & retention as it carries water to the skin. It is also well known for its ability to absorb damaging UVA/UVB rays (we do not make any claims on this).
Organic Shea Butter – A nut but …
Taken from www.anaphylaxis.org.uk; scientific investigations have found that Refined Shea Nut Butter does not pose any known or likely allergy risk to consumers, including those with peanut or tree nut allergies. The protein that causes the allergy has been removed during the refining process.
With a high concentration of natural vitamins and fatty acids, it nurtures the skin and helps to protect the natural oils already present in the skin.
It also contains several other natural properties that make it an anti-inflammatory and lends to its antioxidant properties. It protects your baby’s skin while enhancing the growth of healthy skin cells.
Jojoba Oil - Not a nut
Jojoba oil is not an oil, but a liquid wax similar to the oils, or sebum, that the human body naturally produces. When applied to the skin, it is quickly absorbed without irritating the skin.
GOOD TO KNOW:
- Biodegradable formulation
- Sustainably sourced ingredients
- Recyclable aluminium tin (easily removable labels) - Tin already consists of 60-70% recycled material
- Handmade in Surrey & Swansea
Cheeky Chops Baby & Kids Organic Butter
- Organic Refined Shea Butter (Naturally refined without solvents or chemicals )
- Organic Unrefined Virgin Coconut Oil
- Jojoba Oil
- Wildcrafted Virgin Murumuru Butter
- Wildcrafted Virgin Cupuacu Butter
- Organic Arrowroot Powder
- Vitamin E - Natural